Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Outcast....

Heard a song today.  I have heard it a few times and really liked it.  It was almost a drawing towards it.  So I looked up the lyrics and it describes ME.  It made me think about my life, past and present.  It made me ponder questions that resonated in my spirit.  Do I stand my ground?  The Words He has given me, do I fight for them? At what cost? Do I give in?

My whole life, I have been different... I have never "fit in" or been the "popular" one.  Only because of maturity is there now a filter on what I speak out loud.  But in my intimate times, Daddy and I have had some interesting conversations.  So the first fight (yes I said first, there were others) I was in was because a girl said I was always smiling.  When I stood up to her, ducked on her first punch, but made contact between my fist and her cheek, we became close friends.  She told me I was the first girl to not take her 'crap' and stand up for who I was.  How many times does the enemy throw punches and we compromise while taking his 'crap'.  We are to stand up for what we believe.

As an adult, do I still get into fights?  You bet!  My relationship with my Daddy is always under attack from the enemy.  I have to fight to spend time in prayer, soaking, reading His Word, talking, or just being with Him on a moment by moment basis.  Sometimes I say things that cut and offend others.  I support issues close to His heart that are, in today society, controversial.  (Pro Life, Man & Woman Marriages, His Word is Truth)

As for my family, totally!  I walked through a very painful and ugly divorce.  I fought for my children, I fought against abuse, I fought for wholeness in our lives.  This is a moment by moment effort because the fight is still going on.  Covering the family with prayer, love, joy, security, and hope. 

As for my health, absolutely!  By His stripes I am healed... I have been healed of two cancers: Choriocarcinoma and Leukemia.  I have been told three times I was going to die. I have fought, and still fighting, thyroid disease, adrenal fatigue, and celiac disease.  HA, they don't know who my Daddy is! I am healed.  I declare it daily. 

In 2 Timothy 4:7, Paul states, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have remained faithful..." What I am living for is so much better than what the world has to offer.  I don't follow all the rules 'they' make, I don't sugar coat what is undeniable, I am an outcast.  What I believe makes me strong because in Him the weak are strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJ2-N5EGRY

No comments:

Post a Comment