Monday, April 18, 2011

I want a man.....

I was praying and I told God "I want a man..." God replied, "So do I."  Well, that got my attention.  God what do you mean?  He replied, "I want real men who will stand up for My Kingdom, warriors with a passion to fight for what is right and just, to cover the body of Christ and yet so full of My Love."  Oh, is that all.... So I began to meditate about this.  Proverbs 20:5 says the purpose in a man's heart is like deep water.

As a home school mom, I read books before having my children read them.  Thus, we can have discussions about the literature.  A book was recommended for my son to read, Wild At Heart by John Eldredge.  Where are the real men?  Have you ever shook a man's hand and it felt like a wet noodle?  Have you ever walked into a church and all the men were passive? They were 'sweet, nice men'.  You mention adventure and a gleam of light comes into their eyes.  You know the danger I am talking about, requisite of danger and wildness, deep longing to be like Grizzly Adams.   I just saw the perfect example.  Our community was hit hard by tornadoes, I called my son to tell him I volunteered him to help with clean up. As he rendezvous with other men, excitement rose...We, men, are going to chain saw the wilderness, build sturdy shelters, and make a mark on society.  Albert Schweitzer said "Tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives."  Exodus 15:3 states The Lord is a man  of war; The Lord is His Name. 

In my waiting for God to bring my husband into my life, I have been told some doozies."You are looking to hard." "God is your source, not a man (hear my heart, I know God is my source) and meets ALL your needs." "You don't need a man to complete you."  I am an honorable, respectful woman, who is not going on a man hunt, bar hopping, or jumping at every single man in the room.  I went to prayer and asked my Daddy.  He said my husband is coming.  So I believe, watch, and wait.  If you pray about something, shouldn't you watch for it?! And my husband will cover me and his household, meeting the needs of the family, financial security, value, worth and love.  I am looking for the gift of a husband He is bringing me.  A warrior.  The world kills a woman's heart when they tell her to be tough, efficient, independent, suck it up and drive on.  That only leads to us being tired. 

See, God is looking for warriors also.  Warriors are cunning, know when to fight and when to run.  They sense a trap, discern the times, never charge blindly ahead.  A warrior knows what weapons to carry and how to use them.  Life is an adventure to be lived.  God wants not merely an adventure but an adventure to be shared.  Every man is a warrior inside, but the choice to fight is his own.  I want a man who will fight for me, my family, Kingdom principles, and the lost.  What would Robin Hood and King Arthur be without the women they loved.  Just lonely men fighting lonely battles.  One of my favorite movies is King Arthur (with Clive Owens).  The character Dagonet is the type of warrior/man I am talking about.  The character portrays honor, loyalty, faithfulness, strength, and when he finds the young boy hurt, tenderness is shown.  He tells the boy "You will not fear me." Dagonet fights the religious faction to protect the boy.  Isn't that the kind of men the body of Christ needs?  Me and my family needs?

Was Jesus more like Mother Teresa or William Wallace? Eldredge asks.  I see Jesus as a warrior, fighting for what was just and right, turning over tables in His Father's House, picking fights with the Pharisees (healing on Sabbath, touching the unclean, calling them vipers, Luke 13:10-17), casting out demons but had compassion on the harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Remember He is the Lion of Judah.

Nothing is worth having without some kind of fight or cost.  I am so glad God fought for me.  I am looking for the man God is bringing to my household, who will fight also.... Heidi Bakker said "It is easy to die for Jesus but it is more difficult to live fully for Him".  God wants many Dagonets.  I want a Dagonet.....

http://video.movies.go.com/kingarthur/mainsite.html

No comments:

Post a Comment