Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Until we are one.....

Few days ago I asked Daddy for a new blog subject.  He is my inspiration.  So I was not surprised while sitting in a movie theater slurping my ICEE a down load began....

YES, I went to the opening day of X-Men First Class.  What an awesome movie!  And of course, I saw so much spiritual in it.  I will 'try' not to spoil the movie for those who have not yet seen it.  There is a part where Charles Xavier is talking to Raven in the kitchen.  He tells her that he doesn't understand her behavior or what she is thinking.  She quickly responds to him about a promise he made never to read her thoughts. He reassures her this has never occurred.  Holy Spirit began to speak to me regarding this scene.  Holy Spirit chooses not to know everything about us. There is no control, only free will, free choice.  When we come to the saving grace of Jesus Christ, the intimate relationship begins.  We explore each other together until we become one.  We explore the love, gentleness, goodness, kindness, patience, joy, peace, self-control.... Many times I have said, "But Daddy you know what I am thinking or what I would do".  He graciously honors me being a gentleman and waiting for me to open myself up to Him.  We build a relationship together based on trust, love, and loyalty.  King Jesus has paid the price for our righteousness.  He is a gentleman, honoring my next step towards Him.  Holy Spirit will guide me like on a dance floor.  Gracefully, through my life as partners, never missing a beat. 

We have all power through Holy Spirit to live 'supernatural' lives.  What do we do with it?  Heal the sick?  Cleanse the lepers?  Cast out demons? Raise the dead?   I was singing this weekend about opening the flood gates of heaven.  Holy Spirit brought the scripture about out of me should flow living waters.  I got an incredible picture of flood gates opening up and that being release out of me to flood wherever I am.  I am a new creature, like the mutants who live among the sin fallen world.

Just as the X-Men had to learn who they really were and how to work with others, we as a body need to know who we are in Christ and how to pray, work, play, outreach, disciple with others to advance the Kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I love the x men! and I love you and your honesty! Praying for a release of a radical flood of LOVE to you and thru you!

    ReplyDelete