Saturday, June 11, 2011

Ordinary me....

It blows my mind sometimes how God will use ordinary me.  I went to a ballet recital.  I was just sitting there enjoying the 'cherubs' whisking across the floor.  I glanced to the side and there was a woman.  She was very young, mid-forties, like me...  On her left arm was a beautiful tattoo.  It was three butterflies on a barbed wired.  The center one was the largest with a cross as the center of the butterfly's body.  On either side were two smaller ones.  I felt Holy Spirit's Presence.  I asked Him what it meant. 

After the recital, I approached the young lady.  I asked her if I could speak to her regarding her tattoo and what I believe Daddy sees in it.  She was apprehensive at first, but said, "I would like to hear what you have to say."  I began.  It was on her left side and I expressed that side is what you are born into.  For generations the enemy has tried to stop her family from fulfilling the promises of God.  The butterflies represent life and bursting through into the call of God on her family.  It is a tribal band, which also indicates family.  The three butterflies are like a three stranded cord, and a cord of three strands is not easily broken.  She has walked through some hard times, but because of her endurance she is bursting forth for generations to come. Love and life are the essence of the tattoo.

Tears began to fill her eyes.  She said she designed the tattoo.  The barbed wire was a representation of the difficult times she had walked through.  The largest butterfly had a cross to represent her salvation.  The two smaller ones were a representation of her two daughters.  She hugged me and said thank you.  Her tattoo took on a greater meaning that evening. 

Why? Because Daddy spoke to me about His daughter and I shared.  Daddy loves to love on His children, but we must be willing to step out on faith.  He wants to flow through ordinary people to touch in an extraordinary way.  If He can flow through ordinary me, just think what he can do flowing through you....

No comments:

Post a Comment