Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fill up my spaces....

I heard someone's conversation yesterday.  Something they were saying made me ponder my life, my space...  "Memories are what we make.  We need to fill the space we live in with them.  The longer we live in a space, the fuller we should have meaningful memories."  Wow.  Is the space of my life full of meaningful memories? Or are they mundane? What about my family? What memories do they have that impact their lives?

What if I purposed everyday to make lasting memories that were full of laughter, meaning, tears, touches, bonding, patience...  I love my job.  There are days that I fall into the 'same ole routine'.  But there are days when something happens and laughter burst forth.   And for the rest of the day, there are little snickers, giggles, and grins.  Those are the memories I want to fill up my spaces. 

I love my family.  There have been times where there are those 'heart to heart' talks.  Tears are shed, hugs are received, pain is shared.  But in those moments of prayer and holding one another, memories are filling up my spaces.

Wherever I go, whether it's grocery shopping or moving to a new home, I want to fill the spaces to capacity with meaningful memories.  Life is too short not to.....

No comments:

Post a Comment