Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tat....

Interesting how God will set you up, in a good way, of course.  I had my tat prophetically spoken over.  Yes, the Tattoo Prophet told me the spiritual insight of me inking my body.  As I mulled over and over what was said, I realize we do NOTHING in our lives without a Holy thread running through it.  

My tat is very simple, but in God's viewpoint, very rich with heritage and anointing.  He described a LOVE that has been a mantle in my family for generations.  It runs deep and wide.  Many attacks have been launched against this LOVE.  Many assaults have weakened it at times.  Division, divorce, strife, grudges, death have tried to rip it from the roots of where it originated.  It is a Spirit of Adoption, graphed into the Body of Jesus Christ.  A rich LOVE that will never die, never surrender to the enemy, unbreakable, full of life and joy.  

See, I remember my mom telling me stories when I was younger of my great grandmother.  She was a petite, strong, energetic woman.  She lived simple and was poor according to the world's standards.  She was a farmer's wife.  But at night, my mom and her sister would sneak into my great grandmother's room and hide under the bed.  Great grandmother would come in, place a candle on her bedside table, gentle open her worn torn Bible and begin.  She would read the Precious Scriptures aloud, speak in a different language, then she would call each family member by name.  "Heavenly Father, lead Cliff, Bernice, Bettye, Marjorie (my mom), Trent, and Dale in Your Holy Path.  Let them walk daily with You.  Let each of my grandchildren's children walk with You.  Let my great grandchildren and my great great grandchildren walk daily with You.  For all generations to come." The room would be warm, cozy, inviting, and glowing with the Presence of God.  My mom and her sister would fall asleep listening to the intimate LOVE that a Creator and His creation shared.  

My great grandmother not only prayed for my salvation but my children's children.  I have a heritage of LOVE.  I have a root that goes so deep, no wonder the enemy tries to destroy it.  She had no idea the rough, heartbreaking events that would carve my life and my children's lives.  But she did know if she prayed, her faithful Heavenly Father would answer her prayers.

Well my tat states that for the world to see visibly.  I now pray that the world will also see it spiritually.  The questions that lay at hand are, will I continue to pray for the third and fourth generations to come?  Will I soak in His Word, pray in a different language, call forth generations to rise and be warriors, to fulfill their destiny in the Kingdom?  As I meditate on this, I ask you the same questions.  Are you calling forth the generations that will come from you?  What kind of heritage and legacy are you leaving for your great grandchildren?   None of us live for ourselves.....

2 comments:

  1. Spiritual heritage...we all have it, good or bad. The lucky ones are those of us, who as children, can remember the times like you described your mother having. The commonplace occurrence of hearing grandma call out God's promises over each one of us. Wow!

    ReplyDelete