Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Grace....

Shut up!  You are not doing enough!  Why can't you be on time? Hey did you hear what 'she' did?  I don't HAVE to listen to you.  Back stabbing.... arguing... snapping.... demanding....sharp tones.... 

Holy Spirit has an incredible unique way of showing what I need to be praying and developing in my life.  Grace!!!  He has been showing me heart wrenching situations where His children are not walking in grace.  I have wept over some of them.  Shook my head at others.  Wanted to scream at even more.  We need GRACE!  

What is grace....I immediately hear what has been drilled in me over my Christian walk.  Wait, let me see if I get this right: Unmerited favor of God seen in the life of the believer.  But I think it is MORE than that.  There are many definitions and as I get greater insight from Daddy, I see that.  

Refinement of movement....wow, Christ was hanging on a cross and grace was applied as He is struggling to inhale and exhale.  Grace to lead someone to Paradise.  Grace to forgive the ones who just drove nails into His loving hands. Courteous....A woman was caught in the act of sex, ripped out of the room, hurled at the feet of the Messiah.  He bends down and writes in the sand.  Her accusers leave.  Gently with courteous, respectfulness, cradle her hand, picks her up and forgives.  Grace made her whole.  Goodwill....A young teen finds herself in a situation and needs a friend.  Her helpful Aunt comforts, encourages and exhorts her to trust in Yahweh.  She brings forth the Deliverer who will one day deliver her.  Grace is there in a friend, being helpful in a time of uncertainty.  No criticism or harsh words.  Free....Hungry, hot, but so thirsty, not just for water but for every word Jesus spoke.  An awesome mom packed her son a lunch so he could hear and gleam from the Words of Life.  He shares it so others may have food and 5000 are fed.  Grace is giving of what one has even if they don't think it is much.  Divinely given blessing....A daughter is given as a prize for a noble and brave deed.  As her husband and her ride into the sunset, she stops, dismounts from her donkey and her father meets her.  Is something wrong?  The daughter asks for a spring to supply her household.  Grace steps in. Her father cradles her face and grants her the upper and lower springs.  Thus, NO one will ever be able to control her household by stopping the flow of water.  Grace continues the life giving flow.
Honor....No matter what the ruling king did, said, or thought, David honored Saul.  David would not harm nor allow others to harm Saul because God places all authority over us.  When Saul died, David grieved.  Grace brings honor no matter if the person deserves it or not.  

O Lord I NEED so much help.  I need only God-given grace to walk this out as a mom. I need to cover my children, to be there and hold their hands as THEY make life defining decisions.  I must give them security, respect, honor, and bless them so they can impact the world.  I need only God-given grace to walk this out as a teacher and co-worker.  I need to give moments for others to make mistakes, to cover with love, to give freedom for growth, and to let others shine.  I must not judge, criticize, or be impatient but to comfort, exhort, and always encourage.  I need only God-given grace to walk through life .  I need to see people with love and compassion.  To only look down at someone as I am giving them my hand to help them stand back up on their feet.  To share life, laughs, tears, help, hold, to just be there.  Grace!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment