Monday, October 8, 2012

Determining factors.....

Interesting how events in our lives impact generations to come.  Many times we pigeon hole ourselves to believe we can only do one thing in life.  "What do you want to do when you grow up" is often asked in school to determine the path you will walk down.  What if...there are many things you are suppose to do.  When I was growing up, my parents worked for General Motors.  They worked 40 hour weeks, had three weeks paid vacation and holidays off.  We planned our lives around their job.  In the summer we would pack up a 32 foot RV and hit the road.  I have had the rare opportunity to see 42 of our 50 states.  At the end of the vacation, 'back to the ole grind' my dad use to say.  But what if it didn't have to be that way? What if we are to live adventurous lives, see every situation as an opportunity, and impact generations.

I believe every decision we make, no matter how big or small, will direct the future.  Example, a teacher made a decision to move back to California last November.  Because of her decision, an opportunity for me to step back into teaching opened up.  From that decision I sought Daddy's direction for my life if I was to sign a contact for the following year.  I heard yes.  So I continued on that path.  Now I have fallen in love with nine precious little lives, instructing, nurturing, and sometimes pushing them to become strong Godly adults.  They in turn are taking their knowledge and touching lives around them.  

Another example is a friend of mine believed Daddy was directing him down a certain path.  He had written the vision down, had agreement with his wife, and covered it with prayer.  Circumstances changed with the church he was attending and his whole dream crumbled before his eyes.  He immediately hit his knees and asked God if he 'missed' it.  Daddy spoke to his heart in a profound way. Sometimes others' decisions can change the direction of your path.  Decisions impact generations.

What if...Joseph didn't believe in his dreams.  What if...Moses didn't believe his destiny came from a burning bush.  What if...Rahab thought all she could be was a prostitute.  What if...A certain man had 'put away' his betrothed wife who was pregnant with the Messiah.  What if...You never consider the importance of following your God given dreams....

So what is my point....We should take nothing lightly.  Everything we do touches generations to come. I am not here just by chance or because of a cosmic bang.  I have purpose, destiny, and I make a difference.  And so do you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment