Sunday, March 11, 2012

Is God silent as we walk through life......

It is amazing how Daddy loves to get all His children on the same page.  As I was sitting in church today, the pastor says, "God is often silent in some situations, but that does not reflect how He feels about you."  I had just had a conversation with my daughter regarding this.  Daddy's silence does NOT mean disapproval.  In fact when He is quiet, many time He is thrilled with us.  He doesn't need to voice His directions every second if He has given His mature sons and daughters a specific Word.  We are doing well walking out His command.  He will, however, give us reassurance when we ask.  


I gave an illustration to my daughter.  When she was learning how to walk, she would hold on to everything and not let go.  We tried to get her to walk across the living room floor without holding on to anything.  Nope, she would plop her butt down and crawl to the other side.  So I got some wooden clothes pins.  She held on to one end and I held on to the other.  I walked her across the living room floor eight to ten times.  Each time I would encourage her on the outstanding job she was doing.  Then one time I let go without her knowing. She walked the complete breadth of the room without my help.  When she looked up for my encouragement, she realized I was not holding on anymore.  Thus she immediately plopped down.  But I squealed with delight on how great and awesome she did.  Her face lit up.  Then we walked back across the room together, me holding the clothes pins with her.  Eventually, she gained enough confidence that she was walking EVERYWHERE without my assistance.  


Isn't that how Daddy is with us!  He holds our hand, gives us directions, and walks with us.  He is so delighted when we step out on faith and trust that He IS there, cheering us on.  Don't allow your present situation to determine your future....  Daddy's Words are true and steadfast.  If He has said it, it will come to pass.  Continue to walk by faith, ask for reassurance, and know He cannot leave you.  How does He feel about you?  He LOVES you!  He loves you when you plop your butt down and crawl to your destination.  He loves you when you cry out, "I don't get it.  Why is this taking soooooo long?"  He loves you when you are hurting, bloody, and desperate to be held by Him.  He loves you when you fall flat on your face.  Daddy loves!  We have to grasp this so deep in our spirit.  We are made in His image and are and will always be connected to Him by His LOVE... It is who He is.  When the boss let's you go from a job, when your husband says there is someone else, when the diagnosis is cancer, when there isn't enough money to pay the bills, when the doctors says you have lost a child, when your parents step into eternity, when close friends and spiritual leaders walk away, when you are lonely and want just to be held, when..... Daddy is LOVE.  He is there to hold the 'clothes pins' in life and watch you successfully walk across the floor.  How do I KNOW this.... I have successfully walked through each and every one of those circumstances. My Daddy LOVES!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment